ACI records and uses all personal data from our members or those who subscribe to attend events in accordance with the 1988 and 2003 Data Protection Acts. The core principles of these Acts are implemented by ACI:
1. All information is obtained and processed fairly
2. Names and contact details are retained by ACI for its own specified purposes and not shared with any other organisation.
3. Information is used only for specified purposes – communication, information on our membership body, etc.
4. All data is kept safe and secure through our online systems
5. We aspire to keep all data accurate, complete and up-to-date
6. We will ensure that all data retained is relevant to its purpose and not excessive or unnecessary
7. We aim to retain it for no longer than is necessary for the intended purpose
8. We are obliged to give a copy of his/her personal data to an individual, on request
ACI respects the privacy of your personal information. The details provided to ACI will not be disclosed by ACI to any external body unless ACI has your permission or is under a legal obligation to do so. This data will be controlled by the designated member(s) of the ACI steering group. The information provided may be disclosed by ACI to contractors performing web development and maintenance services for ACI through the course of their work.
ACI also complies to the 2003 Freedom of Information Act which grants members of the public the right to request all information held on record relating to them.
For more information on the Data Protection Acts please click on the website of the Data Protection Commissioner www.dataprotection.ie