Terms & Conditions
FINDING YOUR VOICE
ACI WEBSITE PARTICIPATION
Articles, Comments and Members’ Forum
Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Use, Disclaimer
In its Statement of Objectives, the ACI affirms its belief that in the Church, the Spirit speaks through the voices of all the baptised, and in the consequent right of all the baptised to have their voices heard. It also declares its commitment to work for a renewed understanding of the primacy of the individual conscience. Catholics should have the right to express what they actually think and believe, rather than just what they are expected to believe. However the opportunity to do so within official church structures, are few and far between.
In light of this, the ACI wishes to provide on this website, a safe and encouraging space for Catholics in particular, to find their voice on matters on belief, practice and structural organisation within the Catholic Church. In doing so it seeks neither to undermine nor to bolster established orthodoxy, but to respect the freedom and humanity of the children of God.
It wishes to do this in a number of ways:-
(a) through the provision of stimulating and challenging articles and reflections.
(b) by allowing visitors and members to post comment on these articles. This comment is open to
all, but is limited in length and will be moderated prior to posting.
(c) by providing a discussion Forum in which more extensive discussion on the topics raises in the
articles, and indeed on any topic, can be pursued. This discussion forum is can be viewed by all, but posting is restricted to ACI members.
GUIDELINES FOR COMMENTS AND DISCUSSION
When submitting comment on articles, or joining in discussion in the member’s forum, please keep in mind the following guidelines:-
(1) Remember, once you submit a comment on an article or news item, you will not be able to edit
or delete it. This also applies to postings submitted within the members’ discussion forum.
(2) Respect the rights of others to hold views contrary to your own.
(3) Do not engage in personal attacks. Tackle subjects, not people. Personal insults will not be tolerated.
(4) Keep it clean. Vulgarities or profanities will be deleted.
(5) Stick to the point. Comments not addressing the topic in hand may not be accepted.
(6) Please refrain from using the site for self promotion or business promotion. If you have a news item or resource you want to tell us about, please contact us by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
(7) Be careful and sensitive about naming specific people and communities. Remember you are
responsible and liable for what you post on this website.
(8) Aim to win hearts and minds, not arguments.
(9) If in doubt, choose kindness. (Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. – T I Rubin)
It is within the discretion of the editor and moderators of this website to decide if the content of a posted comment is acceptable in whole or part and they reserve the right to alter or delete it in accordance with the guidelines above.
While names and email addresses are required for ACI membership and for participation in the members’ forum, these do not need to be used or disclosed within the forum and will not be passed on to other members or to third parties without the explicit permission of a member.
ACI reserve the right to reject or withdraw association membership, or membership of the members’ forum, of anyone who’s participation is judged to undermine the association’s objectives, or is persistently contrary to the guidelines here presented.
Contributors, members and visitors are responsible and liable for what they post on this website, be it an article, a comment or a discussion point. Opinions expressed therein do not necessarily reflect the views of the ACI.
It is a condition of participation in this website that contributors, members and visitors indemnify the ACI steering group or website administration team for any loss or damage, including all legal and associated costs of whatever nature incurred, sustained or suffered, arising from any article or comment submitted by them on this website.